Freight train photographed at McConnells near Elk Grove. The consist includes four box cars and a long caboose. The second No. 135 was completed in 1873, part of the first group of locomotives built at the Sacramento Shops. It was scrapped in 1891. The photograph may date from the late 1870s to 1880s.
Original measurements: 1 photographic print mounted on 11 x 14 in. board; 7-3/4 x 9-1/4 in.
Rights are owned by California State Railroad Museum. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.