A monument to Theodore Dehone Judah, first Chief Engineer of the Central Pacific Railroad, was erected in a Sacramento municipal park opposite the Southern Pacific station. The artist is John A. MacQuarrie (1871-1944). The cornerstone was laid April 25, 1930 and the completed monument unveiled February 25, 1931. The monument was later moved into storage during the construction of Interstate 5 and eventually placed in Old Sacramento at the corner of Second and L Streets.
Original measurements: 1 photographic print; 7-1/2 x 9-1/4 in.
Rights are owned by California State Railroad Museum. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.