Central Pacific steam locomotive No. 237 on turntable at the Sacramento Shops. No. 237, El Gobernador, was built in Sacramento, completed in February 1883 and placed into service March of 1884. The locomotive was dismantled July 15, 1894. View is looking east. The northwest corner of the Car Shop is visible at rear right. The north wall of the Machine Shop is to right. The Roundhouse is at left.
Original measurements: 1 photographic print; 7 x 9 in.
Rights are owned by California State Railroad Museum. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.