Celebration to mark completion of SP steam locomotive No. 4328, Class Mt-3, outshopped in Sacramento, September 1925 and placed into service September 30, 1925. This was the first 4-8-2 locomotive built at the Sacramento Shops. The locomotive was vacated January 22, 1953 and scrapped in Los Angeles February 27, 1953. The headlight and smokestack of SP steam locomotive No. 1, "C. P. Huntington," is visible to the right of No. 4328.
Original measurements: 1 photographic print; 7-1/4 x 9-1/2 in.
Rights are owned by California State Railroad Museum. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.