View looking northeast. Southeast end of Roundhouse is at left. Powerhouse is in middle with Planing Mill behind, situated east to west. Concrete walls of Blacksmith Shop are to right. Jib crane is in center. Steam pipes for heating go from Powerhouse to other buildings. Side of 3-story water closet is barely visible at right. The brick Blacksmith Shop was constructed in 1870. In 1927 the south portion of the Blacksmith Shop was widened and rebuilt. This view probably dates from 1939 when the north end was widened to align with the 1927 remodel and the walls were covered with concrete.
Original measurements: 1 photographic print; 9-5/8 x 7-5/8 in.
Rights are owned by California State Railroad Museum. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.