Central Pacific Railroad business car No. 115 "Salt Lake" at the Sacramento Shops. This wood car was built as a Silver Palace sleeping car in 1869 and rebuilt in 1887 as a business car and lettered Central Pacific "Buenaventura." In 1912 the car was renamed "Salt Lake" and assigned to the Superintendent of the Salt Lake Division. It was renamed "San Joaquin" in 1929.
Original measurements: 1 photographic print; 7-1/2 x 9-3/8 in.
Rights are owned by California State Railroad Museum. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.